Wednesday 2 May 2007

still knitting..

Over the weekend I hemmed my Sahara and it's looking quite nice. I had one ball of wool from the wrong dye lot, and it was noticably darker than the rest (only once I'd started knitting into it of course), but it has worked out wonderfully for the diamond ribbed hems and I am really happy with how it's looking. I was considering a contrasting colour, but it seemed to clashing and this has worked out well.

I have just about finished the neckline. Only 5 rows to go and then I can bind it off and try it on, see how well it fits. I have seen some of the others being completed and they are looking really good, so I can't wait to finish mine.

My mum gave me a huge stash of wool, which includes some very nice white mohair which I think I might knit into a lacy shawl. And some bright red wool which would be nice as a vest or cabled shell or something.

No comments: